Friday, January 16, 2009

Progress Report #2

1.16.09

1. PREVIEWED SOURCES :
People:
  • Kalynn Chumney-My thesis partner. She and I discussed my topic for a while allowing me to articulate my ideas.
  • Mr. Engholm- I talked with him about what types of things that I should include in my thesis paper. I also chatted with him about my Inquiry Statement and what types of things that I should say and I bounced different forms of my Inquiry Statement off of him.

Articles:






2. INQUIRY STATEMENT: I am curious as to how I create the best possible solution to the problem of United States hospitals being ill equipped to handle a massive influx of patients due to a biological terrorist attack.

3. RESEARCH QUESTIONS:
  • What history is there of Biological Terrorist attacks around the world?
  • Are C/B (chemical/ biological) terrorist attacks even a probable threat to the United States? - This question basically asks whether or not my thesis will hold water - if you know what I mean.
  • What solutions have previously been proposed about this issue, if any at all? - This would be good for me to know so that my solution wouldn't copy someone elses.
  • What kinds of materials would be necessary to prepare a single hospital to handle a possible C/B attack?
  • How much would my solution cost/ per hospital?
  • Would it be necessary to equip every hospital to be able to handle an influx C/B attack patients?
  • If not which hospitals should be equipped?
  • Would the total cost be and would it be practical to equip hospitals all at once?
  • Should I incorporate an implementation schedule for my solution?
  • Who should I talk to about my idea to access my potential solutions practicality? - This would have to be someone involved in a hospitals administrative staff.
  • How could I make my solution fiscally responsible?
  • Would it be possible to get government funding for my solution, possible later on?
  • Can Categorical/ Block grants given to my plan to cut down the cost for each individual hospital? - My goal here is not to shut down hospitals or to send them into bankruptcy with the introduction of my plan, which makes me think that I need to make sure that I find a PRACTICAL way to implement my solution

No comments:

Post a Comment