Monday, January 12, 2009

Journal 2 - 1/12/09

Journal 2 – 1.12.09

Today I spoke with Mr. Engholm regarding a potential thesis that I came up with while watching History Channel. My thesis would be as follows: Solutions to the problem of hospitals within the United States being ill equipped to deal with a potential biological terrorist act resulting in mass chaos and loss of life. Mr. Engholm said that my thesis paper would have to contain part (33%) background of biological terrorist attacks (anthrax attacks in 2001) and why biological terror is a valid threat – must support my claim that bio terrorism is an actual threat with either primary and secondary sources and I must address opposing viewpoints and disprove them, part (33%) why hospitals are unprepared to handle a massive outbreak or epidemic – must give support and disprove opposing viewpoints – I could couple this with interviews with hospital administrators to support my claim that hospital could NOT handle a gross influx of diseased patients, and then part (33%) would be my solution.

I was researching and found an article that was amazing. It stated that Congress immediately following the anthrax scare had addressed the issue of our nations ill preparedness.

Today I also worked on creating my blog to post journal entries. So I am super excited about all of this. I really like using the blog because it requires me to take all of stuff in my head and organize it in an orderly fashion which helps me better articulate what I want to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment