Sunday, February 1, 2009

super bowl sunday

well I am not much of a football fan so I am upstairs doing homework. i started thinking about my thesis when my dad came upstairs to talk to me. He suggested that I look into things like staph infections. I got to thinking about the Hippocratic Oath that doctors take. I mean they are basically saying that no matter who you are if you come to them they will do their absolute best to help you. However, what if helping that person puts the doctor at risk? When is the doctor's well being considered? Should the doctor have the right to NOT treat a patient? How does this connect with what I am doing? HOW? Well if a patient has an infectious disease, caused by an pandemic does the doctor have to treat them? Or would this treatment of the patient inhibit the doctors ability to serve and help others?

I am just thinking out loud here.

No comments:

Post a Comment